By John Dodge
PC Pitstop has published the results of a pretty interesting PC security survey and found the two least effective anti-virus programs are the ones many of us use – McAfee and Symantec Norton. I use McAfee and as far as I know, there’s nothing sinister on my PCs.
57 total views, 1 views today
PC Pitstop Research analyzed 50,258 computers and found the following:
- 23% of computers have no active security protection.
- 14% of the computers had some sort of high level threat.
- Spyware is the most common malware threat followed by Rogue Security Software.
- Kaspersky protects the best against Rogue Security Software and Trend Micro is the worst.
- Symantec protects against spyware the best, and Kaspersky the worst.
- Trend protects the best against keyloggers and Avast fares the worst.
- Kaspersky protects against viruses the best, and Symantec tails the pack.
353 total views, 8 views today