- How Has PC Pitstop Helped You?
- The Post PC Era Begins
- Legit Apps Worse Than Malware?
- Before You Giveaway Your PC
- Beware of Bloatware
- iPhone4 Complaints Soar
- History of the VideoPhone
- Verizon at it Again
- Make Your HDTV Even Better
- Tekzilla Tip- Enhance Your Right-Click Menu
- Tip 1 – 4 Killer Gmail Tips
- Tip 2 – Who Needs Photoshop
- Tip 3 – Tired of the Old Windows Login?
- PC Matic Update
- You Never Forget Your First-PC
- Can You Spot the Malware?
- Extreme Makeover
- Are Free Email Services Worth It?
- IBM Muppets
- Mobile Phone Rip Offs
- Clean Text for Free
- USB 3.0
- 178 Great Tech Tips
- Tekzilla Tip-Change Resolution Quickly
- Tip 1 – Find Open Excel and Word Files
- Tip 2 – Official Windows 7 Guide
- Tip 3 – Two Ways to Get Windows Help
By Leo Notenboom
I’ve been receiving a lot of reports of problems with Microsoft’s Hotmail free email service lately, and it really begs the question: are free email services like Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and Gmail worth the cost?
Do you find yourself switching your screen’s resolution often? Desktop Resolution Changer is a portable application that lets you change your resolution and aspect ratio in a snap. Veronica has more on today’s Tekzilla Daily.
By Steve Hogan
Very meticulous people are an asset to any business. They are also the ones that get FREE CASH from PC Pitstop.
Will your keen eye make you some loot? Keep clicking, you may be next.Paul almost overlooked it but it wasn’t long before his clerical roots and curiosity got the best of him. Paul went back and scoured every line until he found the source of the the mysterious flash. At first he didn’t recognize what he was seeing.
Now for PC Dysfunction, there is a new dosing option … PC Matic
- The Dodge Retort: Twitter, Facebook fertile phishing grounds
- Ask Leo: Secure Delete – What is it and do I need it?
- Chris Pirillo: How to Convert Cassettes to MP3
- Bits from Bill: Verizon Droid Day One
- Technologizer: 25 Most Notable Quotes in Tech History
- Use Your Droid as a Modem…Tethering
- TechBite: Fixes for 3 PC Annoyances
- Tip #1: Create Windows 7 Themes
- Tip #2: Float your Hard Drive LED
- Tip #3: Information about your Hardware
- PC Pitstop Driver Library
- Technologizer: The Worst PC in America
- Bits from Bill: Another Secret to Fast Startup
- Ask Leo: 7 Keys for Account Protection
- TechBite: 5 Killer Word Tricks
- 1,000,000 YouTube Videos
- Chris Pirillo: Video Editing Made Easy
- The Dodge Retort: Windows 7 Launch Party
- Tip #1: Upgrading from XP to Windows 7
- Tip #2: Recover your Deleted Files, Free!
- Tip #3: System Restore is Broken
- PC Pitstop Driver Library
KILL THEM DEAD, NOW!
Removing today’s Trojans and Virus threats can be a tedious process. There’s not time for making mistakes or using the wrong tools and proceedures. When it’s all said and done the steps below are a must to be free of these system clogging pests.
- Ask Leo: Help! My email was hijacked!
- Chris Pirillo Video: How to Improve Internet Explorer
- Bits from Bill: Most Underrated Windows Tweak
- The Race for Your Email
- Technologizer: MSFT Tablet PCs
- TechBite: Making the PC to TV Connection
- The Dodge Retort: Socialnomics ’09 – The Movie
- Tip #1: Learn Windows 7
- Tip #2: 5 Best Online Image Editors
- Tip #3: Down for everyone or just me
- PC Pitstop Driver Library
What is PC Matic?
PC Matic is a collection of PC Pitstop’s award winning technologies (OverDrive, Optimize, Driver Alert, Disk MD & Exterminate) – all under one hood and one integrated architecture.
With PC Matic, computer users can now have security, speed, stability and performance all in one product. (learn more).
Each month we select the best of the tips submitted by members of the PC Pitstop community.
*Open Task Manager in 2 Clicks
*8 Simple Steps to a Faster PC
*Better Firefox Privacy
*20 Free (Non Windows) OS Downloads
Lots of new questions in the Ask The Pros box this week. This first, answered by Doug Bender, will help not only Dave, but anyone who might have a compromised system. Taking advantage of the talent on our forums is an area of PC Pitstop that many people miss. Help from our fourms is a big part of our fight to keep your system clear of malware and running in top form.
Q. Dave Asks: â€œHi Pro’s, Hereâ€™s my problem. Sometime after my daughter’s last visit from college my computer stopped recognizing me as the “administrator” on my “network.” Since then I have lost my control panel and can’t make any changes to my system.
100 Million Tests & Counting
New PCs Burdened with Old Drivers
Bits from Bill: Winpatrol 14
Vista Blues Vocalized
New Full Test Tip
Research: Tax Prep Software
Photo Printing Survey Results
Survey: AMD vs. Intel
Tip: Total Copy move files faster
Tip: Noisy Fans, and how to fix them.
New Free Driver Scan
Best Free Software
$1000 Secret Message
Vista, ME & Bologna
10 Online Shopping Mistakes
Research: Aging Drivers
Driver Survey Results
Survey: Peace on Earth & a New PC
Tip: Clear Your Google Tracks!
Tip: Use Gmail for FTP
Tip: Quick Launch Bar
Vista – 6 Months & Counting
Full Test Overhaul
Vista User Account – Friend or Foe?
Bits from Bill: Changes to Automatic Update
Radio Blog: Laptop Thief
Radio Blog: Technology & The California Fires
Tip: Device Manager Error Codes
Tip: Want a New Bootscreen?
Vista Not an XP Replacement
Article: Dell Battery Recall Notification
PC Pitstop Soups Up Full Tests Again
Windows Tip: Help Reduce Security Risks in Windows XP
Research: RSS reader application trends
Research: Music Survey Results II ‘The Deep Dive’
Survey: Weigh In On Our Wireless Survey
Commentary: Google Boomers
Article: Keyboard shortcuts save time
Windows Tweak: Reduce IE loadtimes
Optimize: Announcing Optimize 1.5
Research: Open Office gaining marketshare
Survey: Weigh in on our digital music survey
Windows Alert: XP drains portable batteries
Windows Tweak: Make your LCD screen crystal clear
Commentary: Fed up with Outlook!
Research: Thunderbird gaining ground on Outlook and OE
Windows Tip: Save time by using keyboard shortcuts
Research: Participate in our eMail and Keyboard Shortcuts survey
Windows Tweak: Speed up your PC – Disable XP Visual effects
eMail Advisory: Outlook Crashes without warning
There is no doubt that the lines are being drawn for a galactic cyber battle for control over your PC and your desktop. Spyware and adware companies make barrels of money installing their clandestine applications on your PC without your knowledge. Even for an advanced user, typically the most expedient solution is to install an anti spyware product. This article will take an in depth look at the various anti spyware solutions we have seen at PC Pitstop. During this discussion, the reader should refer to our anti spyware graph from our research section.
PC Pitstop Optimize – Free Scan
“Take Us Off Your List!”
Google: Is Good Going Bad?
Performance Tip: Stay Cool for Speed
Summer Blockbusters in Spyware
Is spyware crippling your system?
Performance Tweak: Eliminate XP eye candy
Performance Tweak: defrag early, defrag often
Troubleshooting: Fix PC problems remotely
Product recall: Flaming IBM monitors