Please select an item below so we can direct your request to the most appropriate person or page. Most of the time, you’ll find the answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Problems using the site
- I can’t install the PC Pitstop utility
- The computer crashes or hangs during testing
- PC Pitstop’s test results are not correct
- I need help with the test results
Your account and email
- I can’t log in
- I forgot my password
- I need to change my email address
- I want to cancel my account
- Stop sending the newsletter
Customer service for paid products
- PC Pitstop Optimize or Erase
- I need to re-download the program
- I lost my license key
- I would like a refund
- Optimize FAQ
- Erase FAQ
- Products other than Optimize
- Advertise on the PC Pitstop site
- License our technology for your site
- Request a custom research report
- Exchange links with our site
- Press requests (interviews, quotes, background information)
Comments about the site
Just want to drop us a note for something that’s not about the topics above? Use this link. Remember: if you need help with a computer question or problem, please post it on our forums. We can’t provide technical support or answers through email.
Problems using the site
I can’t install the PC Pitstop utility.
Be sure to follow the troubleshooting steps that are listed on the page where you get the message about not being able to install the utility. Those are by far the most common reasons for problems. If you need further help, ask on our forums. (Note that the forums require a separate registration from the main site.)
PC Pitstop’s test results are not correct.
For things like the computer’s brand name or number of memory slots, PC Pitstop is reporting what it gets from the system BIOS and Windows. That data is not always correct due to poor quality control by system vendors. For more about the problem, see our SMBIOS FAQ. If you need further help, ask on our forums. (Note that the forums require a separate registration from the main site.)
I need help understanding the test results.
The best way to tackle your test results is to carefully read the “tips” that are listed at the top of your test summary page, especially the ones with red or yellow dots next to them. Those are the issues that you need to focus on in order to get your computer in good running order. If you need further help, ask on our forums. (Note that the forums require a separate registration from the main site.)
124 total views, 1 views today
About The Pit Crew
PC Pitstop's Pit Crew is committed to providing you with the information you need to keep your PC safe and running like new.