Ransomware has become rather well known in the cyber security industry over the last two years. It is projected there were $5 billion dollars worth of ransomware damages in 2017, and that number is only expected to increase in 2018. Below you will find a list of the publicized ransomware attacks of 2018.
If you’re aware of any, that are not on the list, please let us know!
- Belle Fourche City Hall – South Dakota – Did not pay ransom
- Hancock Regional Hospital – Indiana – Yes, $55,000
- City of Farmington – New Mexico – No
- Adam’s Memorial Hospital – Indiana – Unknown
- Allscripts – North Carolina – Unknown
- DGH Engineering Ltd. – Manitoba and Alberta – Yes, $1,300
- Pulmonary Physicians – Ohio – Unknown
- Chester County School District – South Carolina – Unknown
- Spartanburg County Library – South Carolina – Unknown
- Sacramento Bee Newspaper – California – No
- Davidson County – North Carolina – Unknown