Our VP of Cyber Security, Dodi Glenn, sat down to have a conversation with Thomas Lawrence of Lawrence Systems about his video review of PC Matic, Malwarebytes, and the current state of the antivirus industry.
Last week, Tom Lawrence put together a video review of our product in response to the current situation between our company PC Pitstop and Malwarebytes. We sincerely thank him for taking the time to perform a fair review of our product and taking even more time today to talk with Dodi and clear up misconceptions with PC Matic. We truly believe that public testing either by testing houses or by users, helps to improve our products in all areas and only results in better protection for our customers.
You are able to view the full interview with Tom Lawrence below:
10 Highlights From The Conversation
- Dodi and Tom discuss the current state of blacklisting and why it can’t keep up with the amount of malicious files being created every day. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi highlights the difference between traditional application whitelisting and PC Matic’s global whitelist. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi clears up confusion with Virus Bulletin’s testing and PC Matic’s lack of VB100 certification. (Video Timestamp)
- We thank Tom for his feedback on making our marketing more clear and our team is currently working on that. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi offers insight on PC Matic’s whitelist and the software that’s in it. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi gives the background on our current situation with Malwarebytes and how it developed. (Video Timestamp)
- Tom and Dodi agree that not offering a free trial doesn’t mean a product is PUP/PUA. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi gives insight on why PC Matic turns off auto-updaters and defragmentation. (Video Timestamp)
- Tom gives great feedback on offering technical based marketing. (Video Timestamp)
- Dodi and Tom discuss our focus on proactive protection instead of reactive protection. (Video Timestamp)
Update: Network World recently wrote about an opinion article on this matter as well. You can read our follow-up statements to their article here.
11,728 total views, 1 views today