8 Signs Your Browser Has Been Hijacked
By Anand Khanse for The Windows Club
Have you noticed anything odd about the way your IE, Chrome or Firefox browser is functioning? Check out these 8 signs your browser may have been hijacked.–PC Pitstop
Browser Hijacks appear to be increasing at an alarming rate globally, and it can be a real nuisance, and at times dangerous too. In this post we will have a look at Browser Hijacking and how to prevent and remove Browser Hijacking in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera web browsers for Windows, natively or by using free Browser Hijacker Removal tools and software.
What is Browser Hijacking
Browser hijacking occurs when you find that your web browsers settings have been changed without your permission. This could happen when you are installing new software, and during installation, your settings get changed; or it could occur if some malicious software takes control of your computer including the browser and changes its settings, without your knowledge.
Speaking specifically, when your browser is hijacked, the following could happen:
1. Home page is changed
2. Default search engine is changed
3. You can’t navigate to certain web pages like home pages of security software
4. You get re-directed to pages you never intended to visit
5. You see ads or ad pops up on your screen. not served by the website
6. You see new toolbars added
7. You see new Bookmarks or Favorites added.
8. Your web browser starts running sluggishly.
If you are facing any of these issues, your web browser may well have been hijacked!
7,411 total views, 6 views today