By Allen Wyatt for Word.Tips.Net
Quickly Insert the Date in Word Your Way
Several other WordTips explain how you can understand and change the default dates used by Word. Some people prefer a simple way of inserting the date, in their preferred format, using Word’s Building Block feature. To set up this method of date entry, follow these steps:
1. Position the insertion point on a blank line.
2. Display the Insert tab of the ribbon.
3. Click Date & Time in the Text group. Word displays the Date and Time dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
4. Choose the display format that is closest to what you want.
5. Make sure the Update Automatically check box is selected at the bottom of the dialog box.
This post is excerpted with permission from Word.Tips.Net
Subscribe to the Free WordTips Newsletter with the links below
129 total views, 2 views today