Creating a system restore point on your computer can be a critical piece to recovery after a malware attack. Many times it is an afterthought, not realizing how important it can be until it is too late. Follow the steps below to create your custom restore point. This can be done as frequently as you’d like.
Creating a System Restore Point
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Click on the System Protection tab, as highlighted below. Then click on “Create”.
- Next, this screen will pop up. You can name your system restore point whatever you’d like. It is encouraged you name it something so you remember why you are creating this restore point. Example: date, new programs added, etc.
- Click “Create”. At this time, your restore point will be created.
- Upon successful completion of the restore point being created, you will see this screen pop up.
Remember, creating restore points is critical. Not only for when malware strikes, but if for any reason you wanted to reset your computer to a previous time, you can do so with a system restore point.
Want more “How-To’s”? Let us know what you want to know, and we will do our best to create a post for it!