By Windows Guides
Turn Windows 8 Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot
You can turn your laptop equipped with Microsoft Windows 8 into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
There are three ways to do this on your laptop. One of them requires that you delve into the command prompt, a task many feel unwilling or unprepared to handle. If you are one of these people, there’s still a way to make your laptop a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Create a hotspot with “Virtual Router Plus”
Here’s what you’ve got to do, based on our trials from sources:
1. Download Virtual Router Plus. This is a free, open-source program that you can download onto your computer
2. There’s an option on the site to download the program. Click to start the download
3. Once the file has downloaded, extract and launch it
4. When installing the software, be careful to only install the additional software if you feel it will be of use; otherwise, click Skip then Cancel for the offers presented:
5. Choose and enter a name for your network
6. Do the same with a password that is at least eight characters long
7. Click Start
This excerpt appears with the permission of Windows Guides.
About Windows Guides
Founded in 2008, Windows Guides is a place for PC users, of all skill levels, to come and top up their Windows skills by learning the ins and outs of the world's most popular operating system. Windows Guides helps you be more productive by fine tuning your PC to meet your every day computer needs. Users can sign up for the regular newsletter filled with how-to guides and join the community of PC enthusiasts who want to take their understanding to the next level. Even the most knowledgeable PC geeks are sure to learn a thing or two at Windows Guides.