Download Windows 7 RC1 HERE

May 05, 2009 by in The Pit Blog

win7_subhero_downloadrc

Windows 7 RC 1 is available for download today. CLICK HERE to download Windows 7 RC1.

Want to become a member of TechNet ? You will find information and a link for registering. The release candidate is available in 32 bit, 64 bit and multiple languages.

This is the Ultimate version and is due to “expire on June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010“. I’m still unsure how the bi-hourly shutdown works, but whether twice hourly or once every two hours, I’m sure it will be irritating enough to push those of us using the OS to buy or drop back. As much as I’ve enjoyed the Windows 7 betas, I’m sure I’ll be buying and moving up.

I’m expecting the reception to Windows 7 to be a warm one. Many who refused the Vista switch because of issues with UAC, studdering preformance, and software incompatability, will be ripe for a sensible upgrade. Die-hard XP fans will give a sigh of relief as they give this latest Microsoft relase a try.

Ah, my RC1 download is 93% finished. There should be some nice additons and fixes moving up from the beta. I’m anxious to see if some earlier problems are removed. I’ll report back after giving it a whirl. BTW, moving from the Beta to a new install of the RC1 is a snap because of the new Window Easy Transfer.

_________________________________________

Tech Fragments

Microsoft TechNet

16 Responses to Download Windows 7 RC1 HERE

1. John Sykes says:

I have 2-36 GB raptor hard drives in raid o with xp pro and Vista Home Priemium in dual boot. If I install 1 or 2 new hard drives can I install windows 7 (beta) on the new drive(s)? How can I do so?

2. Good old windows tried to run advisor for windows 7, it crashed. It con’t hook up to the server ???????????

3. Faustino says:

I’ve never made an ISO disk, and couldn’t see obvious settings on my current software. I downloaded RC1 and also Ashampoo Burning Studio 9, which can make ISO disks. I thought I’d put RC1 on a DVD, put it won’t run, and Explore doesn’t show it. Any advice, please, I ignored Vista but W 7 looks worthwhile.

4. Breen G Lansford says:

I have tried to download Windows 7 four times at about three hours each time all to no avail. Is there any way I can get a disk with Windows 7 RC1? I would very much like to give it a go before the release of Windows 7 this fall. Breen

5. MarieMc says:

I can’t get the download to start, I get a 500-error message for the last two days. IT SAYS: 500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Go figure!

6. Harry K says:

I have tried it and found that Ubuntu Linux is superior in every way.
    Ubuntu downloads for free, installs and configures without problems, updates are free, software programs are free, support forums really help. Removed all my Windows operating systems, moved entirely to Linux and thank the day I did it. Download a live Cd version and see what you are missing, Microsoft brings you Windows, Linux delivers the complete house

7. Steven D says:

I installed windows 7 beta installed beautiful but the resolution was horrible on my Dell. Couldnt get norton beta to work either.

8. Super Chihua says:

Fired it up on a dual boot (xp-Win7) on a new hd and it works great!

9. dan says:

GYoung, i had the same problem. i burned a new image and the install went fine.

10. Mike Brooks says:

Thanks, does anyone know how long it takes?

11. Ron Williams says:

This is free until the license expires on June 1st 2010. However starting March 1st 2010 it will turn your computer off every 2 hours.

So you can use it until March 1st nag free but need to buy a release version by then or reinstall your old OS.

12. David Dudley says:

Is the download free? and do we have to pay for it at some point?

13. Heather Freeman says:

Very good tips. Thanks for the info.

14. JGuitard says:

Checked the list and it looks like I’m o.k.

15. GYoung says:

Sadly the opposite for me. Vista installed first time for me but W7 throws up a misleading dvd driver message at the start of the process and none of the forum solutions works. So it’s back to xp again.

16. David Bump says:

Well I am on my way to get RC1… I am an Ultimate XP fan and tech.. I have been watching & like a hawk… The added features will be welcome, as Vista, would not even load in my system, but I was able to get a stable W7 RC2 loaded with minimal drivers on first attempt… A+ already in my books